The Platypod eXtreme: The newest member of the Platypod family, replacing the Platypod Max. With the new hinged spike feet you've got instant deployment and even more stability. The eXtreme is lighter, weighing just 9.6 ounces and with more cutouts for belt slots and mounting. Note: The four spike feet are interchangeable with both Max and Ultra spike feet.
The Platyball Elite: We have literally taken the classic tripod head design and turned it upside down. Redesigned from the ground up to become a natural extension of your hand. The inverted design with panning turntable at the top is perfect for level pans. No need to level tripod legs. We've eliminated all adjustable knobs and the Elite has the world's first electronic leveling indicator.
The Elite with its electronic leveling system has an unobstructed view and night display, horizontal accuracy even when the camera is tilted vertically. Also LED indicators are visible when unit is high up on a tripod; one touch user calibration. Single common 12V alkaline A23 battery. Visible in tight spaces when you can’t see the back of the camera. Functions in six orientations. Brightness adjustable for nighttime, indoor or outdoor use.
What's in the box?
- Platypod® eXtreme Plate w/ 3/8”-16 countersunk & welded Titanium bolt for tool free use and 4 spike hinges built in.
- Four removable 2" long 1/4"-20 spike screws and rubber feet
- Neoprene Case
- 1/4"-1/4" m-m crossnut adapter to attach remotes etc.
- 3" carabiner
- Platyball™ Elite Ballhead
- Arca style Calibration/Level disc
- Neoprene Jacket
- Instruction Manual
- 1/4"-20 to 3/8"-16 adapter bushing
- LED Electronic Leveling Module
- 12V A23 Alkaline battery